Saturday, January 31, 2009

life just got a little busier

Recently, I've acquired two new jobs that are pretty exciting.

Some friends from Ryerson put together an online music magazine about a year or so ago, named Muted Magazine.


Another classmate and I are now the new Features editors for the site. Make sure to check it out sometime in February! I'll have more details soon. And if you want to write for Features or have a band you'd like to see covered, let me know by emailing jlewis@mutedmag.com.


Back in September, I heard about SPIN Magazine looking for new International Correspondents in Toronto, supplying video reports on concerts and all musical happenings in their cities. In October, I made two videos, the longer versions can be seen here and here. Since then, they've been edited down.


It took a couple of restless months, but I can now say I am one of the Correspondents for SPIN's new program, SPIN Earth. I'll be bringing you concert footage from London and Toronto. It's not public yet, but when it is, I'll be sure to let you know!


So it's safe to say blogs might get fewer and far between as I'm taking on these two tasks with full force, beginning my heap of work for City over here in London, and you know, trying to be normal. I have a lot coming up though; more album and concert reviews, RSS news (this past week or so has been ridiculous for music geeks), and more. Stay tuned! (I've always wanted to say that.)

1 comment:

Adriana said...

Rock on woman! I'm sure you will be able to master everything, and conquer the Toronto and London music scenes, respectively. Just take some time to breathe and you'll be fine. Loving that you're writing for Muted, and I hope you get to see The Ting Tings while you're over there!